Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brunch at Bin 14 in Hoboken

I really was feeling a wine bar on Saturday night but Bin 14 in Hoboken, NJ was booked. I still had the urge to go, so we went for brunch on Sunday- even though we weren't going to get wine. We had went a couple of months ago and thought it was delicious, but I was not as impressed on this visit.
First, we ordered freshly squeezed OJ. It was good because there was no pulp, and bad because it was served warm. I put some ice cubes from my water in it after this picture.

M and I are big fans of bruschetta. We had ordered the Roasted pumpkin and ricotta, balsamic reduction the last time we went to Bin 14, and I remember it being quite good. However, this one tasted very bad. Maybe it was because the pumpkin/ricotta was too cold to have much flavor. Not sure but I don't think I will be trying it again.

The best thing we ordered were the Truffle fries and pecorino. So delicious that we didn't want it to end.

M ordered the Rabe, roasted tomatoes and mozzarella omelet. I stole a bite and it was perfectly moist. I don't even like rabe but it tasted good in the omelet. Both of our dishes came with a piece of toasted bread- which was delicious, and potatoes-which were not very good, kind of like slow cooker stew potatoes.

I ordered the Black Olive, goat cheese, roasted peppers frittata. You can see that it is quiche shaped. I found it a bit funny that they flipped over the burnt piece so that I would not see how ugly it was. I found the outside of the frittata to have a dried out layer, much like the dried out thin crust on the pan that forms when one fries eyes. I wasn't a fan of this and definitely would not order any other frittata here again.






So I don't think we will be heading here for brunch in the near future, but it is still on my list for a glass of wine and maybe those truffle fries one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment